Email Notice

Hello,
Yes, I know there are Email notices already, but this is a little different.
Is there a way you can implement a way to send a email whenever a user, such as myself, that someone has logged in on another computer. This may be a little tricky, but I know there is a way to do it somehow. It would be really nice if there was, so that way it can prevent account theft.

Thanks.

Comments

• There are scripts for web users, apps for local users. But what you are trying to achieve is not clear.

"so you can prevent account theft" is clear. But, "someone has logged in on another computer" is not.

Logged on from a remote location to a computer user account. Which is already active. Or logged on to a script user account. Or logged on to your web portal user account.

Logged on to a computer in a local network or a computer on the internet. " A local user account". A remote user account locally.

"Administrator Notification" script or app.

• @badbot said:
    There are scripts for web users, apps for local users. But what you are trying to achieve is not clear.

"so you can prevent account theft" is clear. But, "someone has logged in on another computer" is not.

Logged on from a remote location to a computer user account. Which is already active. Or logged on to a script user account. Or logged on to your web portal user account.

Logged on to a computer in a local network or a computer on the internet. " A local user account". A remote user account locally.

"Administrator Notification" script or app.

Let me rephrase what I said.

Whenever someone logins in to ProFreeHost on a new computer, it will send them a sign on notice that says they have logged into a new computer. Like how Google does it.

• That would be a plugin for what ever script your using. "recent login for your account". vanilla don't have one, or no one has wrote one that I can find. They do have advanced notification for admins. They also have notification settings. Vanilla is open source community supported.

twitter has three things it checks

We noticed a recent login for your account badbot.
    Device      Chrome on Linux
    Location*       Arkansas, USA
    *Location is approximate based on the login's IP address.

Really just a few verified email users on this forum. By the time you got to the notice password would most likely have been changed.

But you are talking about your website. Or do you think your PFH account was logged on by a bad actor? It was probably the Russians.

• @badbot said:
    That would be a plugin for what ever script your using. "recent login for your account". vanilla don't have one, or no one has wrote one that I can find. They do have advanced notification for admins. They also have notification settings. Vanilla is open source community supported.

twitter has three things it checks

We noticed a recent login for your account badbot.
    Device Chrome on Linux
    Location* Arkansas, USA
    *Location is approximate based on the login's IP address.

Really just a few verified email users on this forum. By the time you got to the notice password would most likely have been changed.

But you are talking about your website. Or do you think your PFH account was logged on by a bad actor? It was probably the Russians.

I have not been hacked or anything. It is just a suggestion for the PFH Client area. I just got to thinking about it the other day.