CloudFlare DNS Setting needs to be changed on ProFreeHost

SnowPea
edited July 2018 in Support Forums

I have added a custom domain and I already enabled cloudflare. On CloudFlare, the DNS tab prompts that I should change the name servers on ProFreeHost.

I checked the forum regarding this step but so far found none that would help me out, I also submitted a ticket but still no response.

I tried deleting the website on CloudFlare and added it back again, changed the Name servers on domain registrar from the 4 ns.byet.org to cloudflare's name servers, added the CNAME, MX Record, I would like to add an A record for ipv4 address but I could only find ns1.unaux.com and ns2.unaux.com so I tried adding NS record instead.

After that I could only load the homepage of my website, but would get redirected to a website not properly configured... when I click on the content. so I reverted back to the 4 ns.byet.org on the domain registrar and re-enabled the CloudFlare.

PS

I'd post this as a comment from a different discussion, but I decided to post a new discussion in hopes that I can get an answer sooner.

Comments

• ChrisPAR
    edited July 2018

@SnowPea said:
    I have added a custom domain and I already enabled cloudflare. On CloudFlare, the DNS tab prompts that I should change the name servers on ProFreeHost.

I checked the forum regarding this step but so far found none that would help me out, I also submitted a ticket but still no response.

I tried deleting the website on CloudFlare and added it back again, changed the Name servers on domain registrar from the 4 ns.byet.org to cloudflare's name servers, added the CNAME, MX Record, I would like to add an A record for ipv4 address but I could only find ns1.unaux.com and ns2.unaux.com so I tried adding NS record instead.

After that I could only load the homepage of my website, but would get redirected to a website not properly configured... when I click on the content. so I reverted back to the 4 ns.byet.org on the domain registrar and re-enabled the CloudFlare.

PS

I'd post this as a comment from a different discussion, but I decided to post a new discussion in hopes that I can get an answer sooner.

Hi there,
    The A record you need to put is your IP Adress.
    To find that, you will need to delete Cloudflare (again), ping your website to get its original IP adress and then re-create cloudflare and add the IP you got as A record.

• SnowPea
    edited November -1

@ChrisPAR said:

@SnowPea said:

PS

Hi there,
    To find that, you will need to delete Cloudflare (again), ping your website to get its original IP adress and then re-create cloudflare and add the IP you got as A record.

Thanks a lot, this definitely worked.

• ChrisPAR
    edited November -1

@SnowPea said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@SnowPea said:

PS

Hi there,

Thanks a lot, this definitely worked.

You are welcome, I am glad to be able to help you!