Is PayPal allowed on free hosting

Hello.

I know I don't see PayPal being mentioned on the ToS but I just want to ask to make it clear if adding PayPal on the site is allowed on free hosting?

Thanks.

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Nimmimonie said:
    Hello.

I know I don't see PayPal being mentioned on the ToS but I just want to ask to make it clear if adding PayPal on the site is allowed on free hosting?

Thanks.

I think, that when you pay with something on PayPal it will redirect to PayPal's Secure site. So I think it is OK

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

I know about that. Just want to know if adding a payment system like PayPal is allowed on free hosting. Because you know, like PayPal, Facebook and other social media sites are also not mentioned in the ToS. But it got one of my sites suspended multiple times because of adding a link to Facebook. Support says, after I asked them for the reason, Facebook is not allowed on free hosting.

• Admin
    edited November -1

Auto Likes scripts, e.g. Facebook Auto likes are not allowed. Linking to facebook page will never get you banned.

Yes, adding Paypal payment system for legitimate websites should just be fine.

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

@Admin said:
    Auto Likes scripts, e.g. Facebook Auto likes are not allowed. Linking to facebook page will never get you banned.

Yes, adding Paypal payment system for legitimate websites should just be fine.

Thanks for clearing this up. I thought adding a PayPal button on free hosting is not allowed. But just want to clear, one of my sites got suspended before because I added a link to my Facebook page. After support responded, he said adding links to social media sites like Facebook is not allowed on free hosting so I removed all stuffs related to Facebook. The one I added was just a standard link to my Facebook page but it still got suspended.

Thanks for clearing PayPal again.

• Admin
    edited November -1

Can you please quote the email response that you received from support regarding linking facebook page?

Because, linking to your social media accounts is not prohibited and default Website builder has social media buttons.

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

Here's the snapshot of the reply back in May 2017:

support reply may 2017

• Admin
    edited November -1

It could be that facebook named folders and files are not permitted because they usually mean abusive content.

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

I don't think so because that facebook folder only contains an index file that will autoredirect to my facebook page. I know very little javascript. I only get my scripts from research on different websites. since I have a background in programming, I understand how codes work, I modify the codes I get from different websites and that's how I manipulate the scripting on my site. It's very easy actually since I only use codes that I need.

the reply to me was also clear, facebook is not permitted on free hosting. I think he also mentioned in one of the replies that putting multiple index files are not allowed. this makes me wonder why.