DDoS Attack

Admin
edited November -1 in News & Announcements

We had a DDoS attack on our main server today on which "Profreehost.com" is hosted.

This lead to unexpectedly longer down time on main website but all the client websites hosted on 'Profreehost' were unaffected and worked normally during that time.

The issue has been dealt with now.

Comments

• Lanturn
    edited November -1

In the future will there be any kind DDoS protection?

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

The site tends to be down rather frequently, for varying periods of time. You guys are using cloudflare, right? How are you getting Ddos-ed? I thought cloudflare was specifically to prevent such attacks, though I may be wrong.

• Lanturn
    edited February 2018

@cccmc_dc said:
    The site tends to be down rather frequently, for varying periods of time. You guys are using cloudflare, right? How are you getting Ddos-ed? I thought cloudflare was specifically to prevent such attacks, though I may be wrong.

Cloudflare does protect against DDoS attacks, idk whether or not they have it enabled. When website uses cloudflare goes down it redirects you to cloudflare saying "no live version available, retry again".

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@Lanturn said:

@cccmc_dc said:

Cloudflare does protect against DDoS attacks, idk whether or not they have it enabled. When website uses cloudflare goes down it redirects you to cloudflare saying "no live version available, retry again".

That's odd, because I typed in the PFH website in builtwith.com, and it said that it was hosted/provided by cloudflare.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@cccmc_dc said:

@Lanturn said:

@cccmc_dc said:

That's odd, because I typed in the PFH website in builtwith.com, and it said that it was hosted/provided by cloudflare.

Safe to say they have it now.

• Lanturn
    edited February 2018

@TheCrafters said:

@cccmc_dc said:

@Lanturn said:

@cccmc_dc said:

Safe to say they have it now.

That's good news! Thanks PFH for enabling it :)

This discussion has been closed.