Redirecting to ads

sonalk
edited November -1 in Bug/Issue Reports

Hello, my site is redirecting to weird sites and ads (now it says No Sponsors) but works on my phone. How come and how to I fix it?

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@sonalk said:
    Hello, my site is redirecting to weird sites and ads (now it says No Sponsors) but works on my phone. How come and how to I fix it?

Clear your Cache, History, and cookies, and see if that helps, If not, it might mean that your website has been suspended and hasn't updated for all platforms yet, If this is the case, contact admin @ contact@profreehost.com. Also What is the link to you domain? I just want to make sure, that this is only a issue, with you cache, cookies, and history. (because it happens to me a lot, when i am editing pages that don't exist yet.)

• Lanturn
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

Clear your Cache, History, and cookies, and see if that helps, If not, it might mean that your website has been suspended and hasn't updated for all platforms yet, If this is the case, contact admin @ contact@profreehost.com. Also What is the link to you domain? I just want to make sure, that this is only a issue, with you cache, cookies, and history. (because it happens to me a lot, when i am editing pages that don't exist yet.)

I've seen this happen to other people, somehow someone is replacing people's files with adware. and people wonder why they're domain is redirecting to advertisements.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

I've seen this happen to other people, somehow someone is replacing people's files with adware. and people wonder why they're domain is redirecting to advertisements.

No, By default, Profreehost, (if domain is either, activating, suspended, or closed) it will redirect them to a ad. This is normal. No adware involved.

• Lanturn
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

No, By default, Profreehost, (if domain is either, activating, suspended, or closed) it will redirect them to a ad. This is normal. No adware involved.

Ahhhh yeah that kinda makes more sense now lol, apologies :P

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

Except that it redirects to adware.....

My site has been randomly doing so as well. I need to fix it, because it's redirecting my users to sites I would never recommend they visit.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@cccmc_dc said:

@TheCrafters said:

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

My site has been randomly doing so as well. I need to fix it, because it's redirecting my users to sites I would never recommend they visit.

Again, No, By default, Profreehost, (if domain is either, activating, suspended, or closed) it will redirect them to a ad. This is normal. No adware involved.

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@cccmc_dc said:

@TheCrafters said:

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

Again, No, By default, Profreehost, (if domain is either, activating, suspended, or closed) it will redirect them to a ad. This is normal. No adware involved.

Perhaps I should be more specific. My users have been prompted to install browser hijacking and search hijacking extensions.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@cccmc_dc said:

@TheCrafters said:

@cccmc_dc said:

@TheCrafters said:

@Lanturn said:

@TheCrafters said:

@sonalk said:

Perhaps I should be more specific. My users have been prompted to install browser hijacking and search hijacking extensions.

This I do not know about, What link does it lead them to?

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

I don't remember the exact name of it. It was a chrome extension. It said something along the lines of "see our offer to continue", and if you refused to install the extension, it would ask you yet again, to install it. If I see it again, I'll post a link/screenshots/both here.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@cccmc_dc said:
    I don't remember the exact name of it. It was a chrome extension. It said something along the lines of "see our offer to continue", and if you refused to install the extension, it would ask you yet again, to install it. If I see it again, I'll post a link/screenshots/both here.

This is a offer (more than likely) from IFast.net. This is normal to see. and this is not the only redirect there is

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@cccmc_dc said:

This is a offer (more than likely) from IFast.net. This is normal to see. and this is not the only redirect there is

Right. I believe we've established that much. But, that doesn't change the fact that the offer is literally a browser hijacking extension. I really don't care what PFH redirects their non-existent and suspended domains to, I just don't want my users falling into these "ad traps" as I call them.

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@badbot said:

@cccmc_dc said:

We would really need to know what the hijackers are. Second hand news holds no weight. I have seen these redirects sever times. I can give you a few links to them. Never got hijacked. But then again I block third party cookies. Extensions never install on chrome unless you want to.

Correct. I was prompted to download, and I selected "cancel". I forget what the extension was... it was search manager or some other funky adware/hijacking extension. If I see it again I will certainly post here.

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@badbot said:
    browser toolbar and such. sponsor stuff. you always get this with free hosting. hijack is a malware. you get hijacked and say good night.

look here it will give you more control! https://www.nxdhost.com/

at $12 a year what do you have to lose?? one domain hosted for that. You should see the other plan are. not to bad priced.

What have I got to lose? Nothing. Because I don't currently have $12 :p .

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@UnknownLolz said:
    This thread is very old but I have my own answer...
    Firstly your ns should be ns1.byet.org or ns1.unaux.com and so on....
    And if you added those nameservers, be sure to let it propagate effectively on your domain!
    But I'm sure this thread is probably fixed...

Depends, There are multiple.

ns1.byet.org
    ns2.byet.org
    ns3.byet.org
    ns4.byet.org

UNAUX:

ns1.unaux.com
    ns2.unaux.com

EZYRO:

ns1.ezyro.com
    ns2.ezyro.com

and no UNAUX is not the only domain provided by PFH, it is just the default one. They also provide EZYRO domains.

This discussion has been closed.