New Forum - One Click Sign In. How Does it Work?

It's been a long time that we wanted to upgrade our forum software but we were stuck in many different issues to get time for this.

At last here we are with our new sleek looking forum. One main feature that we wanted to introduce was the ability to link your Client Area to your forum account. Now you have to register/login once and you will be able to access client area and forum.

How does it work!

• For old members have account on both Website and Forum
    You simply need to sign in and click on "Sign in with Profreehost" on sidebar or forum. As you already had username setup on old forum, you will immediately be inside the forum.

• For old users having no forum account and new users
    Once you login, you will be prompted with a screen to choose a username for your forum. Once you do that, you will get access to the forum.

It is just that easy!

We are looking forward to making this community more user friendly. So, all suggestions and feedback are welcome but please post them in the right category ;)

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Admin said:
    It's been a long time that we wanted to upgrade our forum software but we were stuck in many different issues to get time for this.

At last here we are with our new sleek looking forum. One main feature that we wanted to introduce was the ability to link your Client Area to your forum account. Now you have to register/login once and you will be able to access client area and forum.

How does it work!

• For old members have account on both Website and Forum
      You simply need to sign in and click on "Sign in with Profreehost" on sidebar or forum. As you already had username setup on old forum, you will immediately be inside the forum.

• For old users having no forum account and new users
      Once you login, you will be prompted with a screen to choose a username for your forum. Once you do that, you will get access to the forum.

It is just that easy!

We are looking forward to making this community more user friendly. So, all suggestions and feedback are welcome but please post them in the right category ;)

I love the new forum :smiley:
    It looks very similar to the other one but a lot more comfortable!
    Thanks for the forum upgrade :smile:

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

wow! sleek!

• hengloem
    edited November -1

Thanks admin!!!

• unaux_20538644
    edited November -1

hmn...., It was not very good

• Admin
    edited November -1

I know it is not very good but it is better than the previous one. That's how we evolve, isn't!

• Lanturn
    edited November -1

@Admin said:
    I know it is not very good but it is better than the previous one. That's how we evolve, isn't!

I like it :P you guys did amazing job :)

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

What script is it based off of?

• TheCrafters
    edited February 2018

@cccmc_dc said:

Vanilla, https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/
    It is also on the Script installer.

The single sign on (SSO) uses the JSConnect plugin.

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@TheCrafters said:

@cccmc_dc said:

Vanilla, https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/
    It is also on the Script installer.

The single sign on (SSO) uses the JSConnect plugin.

Thanks! I just used LayerBB on my latest forum installation. The interface looks very similar to this one.

• ChrisPAR
    edited June 2018

Why do we have to press login at first and then press again "Sign in With ProFreeHost"?

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@ChrisPAR said:
    Why do we have to press login at first and then press again "Sign in With ProFreeHost"?

JSConnect. It is a plugin, but you have to login to PFH in order to show the option to sign into PFH's forum. Basically, if you do not have a account, you cannot use the forum.

This discussion has been closed.