FTP & cPanel Authentication issues

XaafCode
edited November -1 in Support Forums

Hey there,

Before I continue, I want you to know that I have read quite a few posts on this forum regarding this issue. Okay, now that that's out of the way, I want to tell you about the first problem.
Whenever I want to connect to my website's FTP, I get an error: "Critical error: Could not connect to server". I have tried resetting my password, but it didn't work.

The second problem is that I can only login to the cPanel from my account on the Profreehost website. If I try to login from cpanel.unaux.com I get an error saying that I should check the entered information again. This happens for both my hosting accounts.

Does anyone have a fix?
Thanks in advance,

• XaafCode

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@XaafCode said:
    Hey there,

Before I continue, I want you to know that I have read quite a few posts on this forum regarding this issue. Okay, now that that's out of the way, I want to tell you about the first problem.
    Whenever I want to connect to my website's FTP, I get an error: "Critical error: Could not connect to server". I have tried resetting my password, but it didn't work.

The second problem is that I can only login to the cPanel from my account on the Profreehost website. If I try to login from cpanel.unaux.com I get an error saying that I should check the entered information again. This happens for both my hosting accounts.

Does anyone have a fix?
    Thanks in advance,

• XaafCode

Hello, Thank you for reading other post for this issue, but have you ever tried reading the support article?

Article: Unable to connect to FTP!
    At the end of the article, it says:

Most of the common FTP problems are solved by following above steps. But, in case you are still facing some issue, do not hesitate to get help on our Forum.

Which you should do if you have any more issues. If you cannot figure out the problem from this article of course.

As for the CPanel, I cannot help you there. I use cpanel.ezyro.com and that works just fine.

-Thank you for messaging us on the forum-
    If your account is some how suspended please read this article: https://profreehost.com/forum/discussion/625/website-suspensions-please-read

• XaafCode
    edited November -1

Yes, I have read the article that you linked. If you need more information, please tell me, so I know that I need to provide you with it.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@XaafCode said:
    Yes, I have read the article that you linked. If you need more information, please tell me, so I know that I need to provide you with it.

Hello,
    would it be okay if you provided images of the issues. That might be able to help

If your account is some how suspended please read this article: https://profreehost.com/forum/discussion/625/website-suspensions-please-read

• XaafCode
    edited November -1

Pictures are no problem!

cPanel login issue

FTP Login issue

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@XaafCode said:
    Pictures are no problem!

cPanel login issue

FTP Login issue

Hello,
    Thank you for the pictures.
    For the FTP What address are you using to connect to it?
    and for the cPanel, did you say that it only happens when you enter it manually? When I enter my information manually it works just fine. I am guessing (because this is for everyone) that your username is unaux_21589816. Try using ProFreeHost control panel link Via your account and see if that helps.
    If you have feather issues feel free to ask.

• XaafCode
    edited November -1

I can connect to the cPanel from my account (on Profreehost), but I can't manually log in. For the FTP I'm using ftp.unaux.com, which is the address that's provided from the account, both on the cPanel and the Profreehost account details page.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@XaafCode said:
    I can connect to the cPanel from my account (on Profreehost), but I can't manually log in. For the FTP I'm using ftp.unaux.com, which is the address that's provided from the account, both on the cPanel and the Profreehost account details page.

Hello,
    Thank you for providing this information.
    Try going to the FTP site: ftp://ftp.unaux.com and see if you can login there
    If you can, I do not know what the problem is.

For the CPanel: Just log in from there if you do not have any issues with it. Granted it is a bit much to have to login every time, but it is a lot faster than trying to remember you exact login details.

• XaafCode
    edited November -1

I still can't log in. Even the FTP site you provided doesn't work. Maybe an Admin can fix it?

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@XaafCode said:
    I still can't log in. Even the FTP site you provided doesn't work. Maybe an Admin can fix it?

Hello,
    You can contact admin @ contact@profreehost.com

• Jerry
    edited February 2018

I also connect an FTP client to a single account
    Other accounts Critical error: Connecting to the server was not possible

But wordpress has a plugin file manager that quite helps

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

I'm having this same issue! I cannot connect, whatsoever using filezilla and I cannot connect through oxwall either!

• cccmc_dc
    edited November -1

@Jerry said:
    Other accounts Critical error: Connecting to the server was not possible

But wordpress has a plugin file manager that quite helps

This plugin was discontinued

• Jerry
    edited November -1

@cccmc_dc said:

@Jerry said: