Help me configure my domain to use your dns

egen
edited November -1 in Support Forums

Hi please help me configure my domain to use your nameserver as it pops up error when i try to add any of your dns. it says (The name servers that you specified for this domain (NS1.BYET.ORG,NS2.BYET.ORG,NS3.BYET.ORG,NS4.BYET.ORG) have not been correctly configured. Please double check the name server setup or contact your hosting provider.
).... Pls help me rectify this so that i can host my domain with your company. my domain is egenius.co.za

Comments

• ChrisPAR
    edited July 2018

@egen said:
    Hi please help me configure my domain to use your nameserver as it pops up error when i try to add any of your dns. it says (The name servers that you specified for this domain (NS1.BYET.ORG,NS2.BYET.ORG,NS3.BYET.ORG,NS4.BYET.ORG) have not been correctly configured. Please double check the name server setup or contact your hosting provider.
    ).... Pls help me rectify this so that i can host my domain with your company. my domain is egenius.co.za

Have you tried contacting your domain provider about this?
    We will need to know what the exact problem is and why it cannot accept our nameservers.

The problem seems to be that your domain provider expects us to have already configured DNS records for your domain in our server, however this is done after you set up your nameservers and register.

You will have to contact them about it, they must have a support option, explain to them why this process is necessary and ask them to accept our nameservers for your domain. I assume that there must be something that they can do for their customer to help them with this issue, they wouldn't want you to leave them..

• egen
    edited November -1

Here is the reply from my domain provider, copied & pasted;

"In regards to the name servers, the hosting company needs to create your account so the dns records exist before we point the domain at it.
    If the dns lookup fails the name servers wont be used"

• ChrisPAR
    edited July 2018

@egen said:
    Here is the reply from my domain provider, copied & pasted;

"In regards to the name servers, the hosting company needs to create your account so the dns records exist before we point the domain at it.
    If the dns lookup fails the name servers wont be used"

That is going to be a problem. We cannot do that.
    The process here is different, it is necessary that the nameservers are changed before that for the DNS record to get created.
    The client needs to verify that he/she can control the domain by changing nameservers before the DNS records creation to prevent abuse of the hosting service.

Can you give them my reply and tell them if there is any way they can bypass temporarily this limit for you?

If not, then I hate to say that, but maybe you should find a new domain registrar which supports that feature. I understand that this is difficult for you; however there is nothing we can do due to security systems and the only solution would be for them to bypass this limit temporarily for you or configure the nameservers themselves.