DNS Problem

AdminSalim
edited August 2018 in Support Forums

Hello,

Please help ,am new in here and wanted to have a bit of free hosting , the problem is that I have my DNS already configured at godaddy website and there is my domain pointed to a certain IP , I came here and was told to change the nameserver for the domain to be managed by freeprohost , I changed it at godaddy and lost my DNS configuration there (noob here forgot that my dns is configured with it ) .. now in a panic move I deactivated the account here and returned to godaddy and tried to return everything to as it was before .

• deleted my account here
  • changed the nameserver at godaddy to the default for the domain (godaddy's)
  • changed the DNS and returned it as before (A record configured)

just wanted to return everything as it was before as there is a service connected to that DNS of that domain and its inactive right now and I need to reactivate it as quick as possible , do I have to do anything else ?

Comments

• ChrisPAR
    edited November -1

@AdminSalim said:
    Hello,

Please help ,am new in here and wanted to have a bit of free hosting , the problem is that I have my DNS already configured at godaddy website and there is my domain pointed to a certain IP , I came here and was told to change the nameserver for the domain to be managed by freeprohost , I changed it at godaddy and lost my DNS configuration there (noob here forgot that my dns is configured with it ) .. now in a panic move I deactivated the account here and returned to godaddy and tried to return everything to as it was before .

• deleted my account here
    • changed the nameserver at godaddy to the default for the domain (godaddy's)
    • changed the DNS and returned it as before (A record configured)

just wanted to return everything as it was before as there is a service connected to that DNS of that domain and its inactive right now and I need to reactivate it as quick as possible , do I have to do anything else ?

I don't think there is anything else to do; It will probably get fixed in 1-2 days, when the DNS propagate again.

If you would like to try ProFreeHost, we have free domains like ezyro.com or unaux.com for starters. You don't need your own domain.
    Alternatively, you could use a Free domain from Freenom.

• AdminSalim
    edited November -1

Thankyou , I just wanted to use a name simiilar to the one that I have already , so might give it another go but wunt touch the one with the already configured DNS .

Thanks again