Not receiving e-mails.

Disreality
edited March 2019 in Support Forums

Hello all.
I'm having quite a bit of an issue here: even after setting the MX record, I am still unable to receive e-mails, however, I am able to send them.

I have also tried changing the MX record to mx.byetcluster.com, but to no avail. I am using CloudFlare, and I am also using a custom domain (donau-os.com).

Thank-you.

Comments

• Disreality
    edited November -1

@badbot

Okay, I disabled Cloud Flare and then I added my website manually through their website. I removed the MX record from my website and re-added it via Cloud Flare, but I am still not getting messages.

• Disreality
    edited November -1

Hello!
    It seems that I have received some older emails, although I am yet to receive some I sent today as a test.
    I did this in cloudflare:

• Added an A record with name mx.donau-os.com and the value the IP you gave me
    • Added an MX record with donau donau-os.com and the value mx.donau-os.com.

Also, I have noticed recently that my subdomains are not working.

• Disreality
    edited November -1

It seems that I've received some e-mails I sent earlier again.
    I changed the MX record to point to 185.27.132.238.
    I tried again, I think it actually just takes a bit of time before I get the e-mails, like a day or so. I'll keep you up to date.

By subdomains I literally mean the subdomains. I had a subdomain for bugtracking, tracker.donau-os.com, and when I go to it now it simply fails (this site's IP address cannot be found). Tried making another subdomain, same issue.

• Disreality
    edited November -1

I fixed the subdomain issue above by adding an A record in CloudFlare and guessing the last number of the IP lol

• Disreality
    edited November -1

Nevermind, getting a 404 now.

• Disreality
    edited November -1

I've got the mail working! Stupid me set the MX record name to donau-os.com instead of mx. Thank you so much :)

However, I'm still having that issue with the subdomains.. :(

• Disreality
    edited November -1

E-Mail stopped working again. Oh boy :(
    I have the following for mail in my DNS settings at the moment:

TYPE NAME ADDRESS
    A mx 185.27.132.238
    MX mx 185.27.132.238

• Disreality
    edited November -1

Hello!
    Thanks for helping me :)
    I did that, but both of them seem to be having the same issue still :(

• ChrisPAR
    edited November -1

@Disreality for your subdomain problem, can you try making your subdomain point to the main domain displayed in cPanel via CNAME?

Example of main domain:

• Disreality
    edited November -1

@ChrisPAR @badbot
    That seems to have fixed the subdomain issue! It seems to load just fine now. Thank you so much!

E-Mail also seems to be working fine, too. I left the fix as it was last night, and this morning it seems good.

Thank-You so much! You're the best.