SSL protocol error

Pablo
edited November -1 in Bug/Issue Reports

Good day,
please i need serious help i enabled ssl on my wordpress and it immediately took me out now i can't log in to change it or to even finish the work given to me by my boss, pls if anyone can assist me with this problem pls do.

Comments

• Kang_JL
    edited November -1

Have you installed the SSL certificate?

• shanum
    edited November -1

"""When you are facing the ""ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"" error while trying to access a website, it means that your browser is not able to establish a secure connection with the website due to an SSL version or cipher mismatch. This error can occur due to a number of reasons such as an outdated browser, outdated SSL protocol, incorrect system time, etc.

Here are the steps to fix the ""ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"" error:

Step 1: Check your system time
    Ensure that your system time and date are accurate. Incorrect system time and date can cause SSL errors as SSL certificates have an expiration date.

Step 2: Clear your browser's cache and cookies
    Clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help to resolve the error in some cases. To do this, go to your browser's settings and clear the cache and cookies.

Step 3: Update your browser
    An outdated browser can cause SSL errors. Ensure that your browser is up-to-date with the latest version.

Step 4: Disable SSL scanning
    If you have antivirus software installed on your computer, it may be scanning SSL connections and causing the error. Disable SSL scanning in your antivirus settings and try accessing the website again.

Step 5: Enable SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0
    Some websites still use SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 protocols. Enable these protocols in your browser settings and try accessing the website again.

Step 6: Disable browser extensions
    Disable any browser extensions that may be interfering with SSL connections. Try accessing the website again after disabling the extensions.

If none of the above steps resolve the error, you may need to contact the website's administrator or your internet service provider for further assistance.

Source: https://appuals.com/fix-err_ssl_version_or_cipher_mismatch/