move old wordpress wesbite to new domain

Ref
Ref
edited November -1 in General Discussions

Hi, i wanted to know how to move my old website which is on profreehost to a new domain which i created and this is also on profreehost and my wordpress site is 164 MB. please i need help to move the site i have been trying this for 2 weeks but had no luck. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• coolgamerslush
    edited July 2021

@Ref
    Do this:

1) Go to https://txftp.com
    2) Login to your account which has the files using your FTP details.
    3) Click 'All'
    4) Click 'Move'
    5) Then, where it says 'Different target FTP server' put the FTP details of your NEW account there. Click the checkmark.
    6) Wait until it's done loading (it will be a blank page but don't close it).
    7) When it says 'Successfully copied files to (stuff) you can close it and your files will be on your other account

• WadeAguirre
    edited November -1

Moving your website to a new domain is not an easy task. It requires you to make changes in the DNS, web hosting and so on. And this is the reason why most people don't have the patience to do it. But if you are looking for a better way to do it, then WP Migrate DB Pro is for you.

WP Migrate DB Pro is a plugin that helps you move your WordPress website from one domain to another without any hassle. You just need to install it on both of your websites, export all content from your old website and import them on the new one.

It helped me a lot when I moved my site topwritingcompanies.com to a new host.