HTTP 500 ERROR

gillan
edited November -1 in Bug/Issue Reports

I've been getting a 500 error on my website.

On the cPanel it says, "Default PHP version has been upgraded to PHP 7. If you see a 500 error on your website or a error in Site Builder please click SELECT PHP VERSION in this cPanel and change your PHP version back to 5.5 then wait 10 minutes for it to take effect. Only do this if your seeing a 500 error with your site otherwise do NOT change PHP."

Where/how can I change my PHP settings? I can only view them but I can't change them.

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

I've been getting a 500 error on my website.

On the cPanel it says, "Default PHP version has been upgraded to PHP 7. If you see a 500 error on your website or a error in Site Builder please click SELECT PHP VERSION in this cPanel and change your PHP version back to 5.5 then wait 10 minutes for it to take effect. Only do this if your seeing a 500 error with your site otherwise do NOT change PHP."

Where/how can I change my PHP settings? I can only view them but I can't change them.

You can change them on the PHP config area in the cPanel, go to http://profreehost.com/account/ and click on the settings button, Scroll down, Look for PHP Config

• gillan
    edited November -1

Thank you!
    Finally saw "Select PHP version" beside PHP Config under "Software/Services."

• gillan
    edited November -1

It's still not working though. I still get the 500 Error even though I've change it to PHP 5.5

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

It's still not working though. I still get the 500 Error even though I've change it to PHP 5.5

Well some things are not compatible with the Supported versions of PHP, So if something says "only compatible with PHP X.X" then you cannot use it, because ProFreeHost Does not support that version.

• gillan
    edited November -1

Well some things are not compatible with the Supported versions of PHP, So if something says "only compatible with PHP X.X" then you cannot use it, because ProFreeHost Does not support that version.

What version am I supposed to use then? Because both PHP 7 and 5.5 do not work.
    Thank you for replying, though!
    My site's CMS is WordPress btw :)

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

What version am I supposed to use then? Because both PHP 7 and 5.5 do not work.
    Thank you for replying, though!
    My site's CMS is WordPress btw :)

i would try using word press with default (5.6)