How do you load pages properly

Nimmimonie
edited November -1 in Bug/Issue Reports

Hello.

Just want to ask how do you properly load a page? I mean, I regularly update the HTML files on my site but most of the time the old page is still the one being displayed. Also, even after several days, when I open the site on my web browser, the updated page is not the one being shown but instead the old one is the one I see. That's why most of the time when I browse pages on my site, the pages appear in alternate. What I mean by "alternate", sometimes the updated page is shown and sometimes the old page appears. It's like when I browse within my site and navigate between pages, the pages appear like in random between the old and updated pages. For example, when I open my site it loads the updated index file. Then when I go to another page, it displays the old page. As I go on different pages, I'm not sure when will the updated page will display. Its like it will only appear by luck.

Is there a way to better load the pages? How do you properly load the page and make sure the updated page is the one shown?

Refreshing the page is a workaround but it is not the way how pages supposedly are fetched. Thanks.

Comments

• Admin
    edited November -1

Hello.

Just want to ask how do you properly load a page? I mean, I regularly update the HTML files on my site but most of the time the old page is still the one being displayed. Also, even after several days, when I open the site on my web browser, the updated page is not the one being shown but instead the old one is the one I see. That's why most of the time when I browse pages on my site, the pages appear in alternate. What I mean by "alternate", sometimes the updated page is shown and sometimes the old page appears. It's like when I browse within my site and navigate between pages, the pages appear like in random between the old and updated pages. For example, when I open my site it loads the updated index file. Then when I go to another page, it displays the old page. As I go on different pages, I'm not sure when will the updated page will display. Its like it will only appear by luck.

Is there a way to better load the pages? How do you properly load the page and make sure the updated page is the one shown?

Refreshing the page is a workaround but it is not the way how pages supposedly are fetched. Thanks.

It can be due to several reasons one being the cache. Try to view your website in Private/Incognito mode. If it works properly it is due to cache. If you are experiencing only css style issue, append your stylesheet link with "?typeanythinghere" and it should solve the problem.

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

Thanks. The incognito mode is worth to try.