Second level subdomains

Jokopolo
edited November -1 in Support Forums

I want to create a sub2.sub1.domain.com. But then cPanel says this "Illegal characters in the naming field, please verify input. .3". How can I add second level subdomains?

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited August 2017

Here is a example:

• Admin
    edited August 2017

@TheCrafters hot linking is not supported. That's why the images you share from your web account do not appear.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Admin said:
    @TheCrafters hot linking is not supported. That's why the images you share from your web account do not appear.

ok, thanks for the info

• Jokopolo
    edited November -1

@badbot said:
    Hay
    In the "create new sub domain" feature there is to fields. The write in, and drop down. The drop down you select the domain and or the sub domain. Then you fill in the field with desired sub domain. No dot!

I understand but I can just use my domain from the drop down menu. I can not use a sub domain. Do you know any work around?

• Jokopolo
    edited August 2017

@TheCrafters said:
    Here is a example:

What did you send

• Admin
    edited November -1

@Jokopolo said:

What did you send

I just re-uploaded the image that @TheCrafters posted.

• Jokopolo
    edited November -1

@badbot said:

@Jokopolo said:
    I understand but I can just use my domain from the drop down menu. I can not use a sub domain. Do you know any work around?

Now I'm not understanding what you want.

top level domain = unaux.com
    sub domain = badbot.unaux.com (also knows as a free domain) which is at the bottom of the drop down menu.

write in field = broken
    drop down = badbot.unaux.com
    you will get: sub domain = broken.badbot.unaux.com

You have to create the sub.domain and then create the sub.sub.domain.

Write the domain name your trying to achieve and it will be easier to tell you how to create.

I added my domain as a parked domain. I made a subdomain called wiki.domain.com.
    But now, I want to create en.wiki.domain.com. You told me to choose wiki.domain.com from the dropdown but that's the problem, it is not there. I could successfully create a sub.sub.domain.com with the free domains that were offered in the dropdown, but it doesn't work with my very own domain. Thank you.

• Jokopolo
    edited November -1

YES I FIXED IT. I need to add wiki.domain.com as a addon domain and then add 'en' as a subdomain. Thank you all for your kindness