Need help for Laravel success deployment

Hello,

I would like to know anyone success Deploy Laravel 5.4 on FreeHost server . Please help me, or link me to any infor teach me. I spent whole day and fail :( . This is my first time to deploy a website . I want to test it to see how it works . Thank you very much! :)

Comments

• Admin
    edited November -1

It is easy to deploy Laravel. You just need to upload the content of Public Folder to htdocs and use Laravel from there.
    Or, you can upload Laravel as it is to htdocs and move index.php of Public folder to main htdocs. If you do this, you will need to change include paths inside index.php file.

• unaux_20626491
    edited November -1

Thank you, Admin. I think I did the way you said :), but I am not sure . I will try it until I get it, because you said it works, therefore, I may do a wrong way . Should I delete everything and start upload fresh, because when I use FPT to upload files, sometimes I see it fails . could it be missing some files ? :) . Thanks Admin again :)

• unaux_20626491
    edited November -1

Hi Admin, Sorry I need your help again :). I pick second choice . Upload Laravel to htdocs folder, and move index.php of Public folder to main htdocs . I edit index.php as:

require DIR.'/../bootstrap/autoload.php';

To this

require DIR.'/blog/bootstrap/autoload.php';

$app = require_once DIR.'/../bootstrap/app.php';

To this

$app = require_once DIR.'/blog/bootstrap/app.php';

I got an error :"Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

What else you I look into ? :). Thank you!

• Admin
    edited November -1

You can use this link as reference: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/laravel/installing-laravel-on-server-without-ssh?page=1

If you are still having an issue, don't hesitate to ask again.

I'll try to write a support article on setting up Laravel as soon as possible.