Cannot add multiple users to a protected folder (Directory Privacy)

Nimmimonie
edited November -1 in Bug/Issue Reports

Hello.

I think something is wrong with Directory Privacy. When you protect a folder with a password and then you add a user, it works. But if you add another user to the same folder, the new user invalidates the previous user which will not allow you to log in using the first user. how come?

Thanks.

Comments

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Nimmimonie said:
    Hello.

I think something is wrong with Directory Privacy. When you protect a folder with a password and then you add a user, it works. But if you add another user to the same folder, the new user invalidates the previous user which will not allow you to log in using the first user. how come?

Thanks.

Strange, I have never had a issue with this.

• Nimmimonie
    edited November -1

I just noticed it after adding a second user to a protected folder. when you create a second user to a protected folder, the previous username will be automatically deleted and will be replaced by the new user you created. I just checked the content of the "htpasswd" file and it always contain a single user. no matter how many users you add to the protected folder, they will all be deleted and replaced by the very last username you added. this is not the way it supposed to work.

I hope admin can check on this.

• TheCrafters
    edited November -1

@Nimmimonie said:
    I just noticed it after adding a second user to a protected folder. when you create a second user to a protected folder, the previous username will be automatically deleted and will be replaced by the new user you created. I just checked the content of the "htpasswd" file and it always contain a single user. no matter how many users you add to the protected folder, they will all be deleted and replaced by the very last username you added. this is not the way it supposed to work.

@Nimmimonie said:

Well, if you have issues in the future, contact admin using this email: contact@profreehost.com