How to disable ?i=1 from your website

edited October 21 in News & Announcements

Many people here have asked for a way to disable ?i=1 or want to know how to disable it.
Well, I will tell you here how to do it:

How to disable ?i=1 Suffix

1. Enable CloudFlare through Cpanel or transfer your domain to them
  2. (Optional) Enable the SSL use by selecting Full in the Crypto section

It should be disabled in 2-24 hours!

A logical explanation of why does that happen

First of all, when you enable CloudFlare through Cpanel a CNAME Record is added so that your domain points to:
yourdomain.com.cdn.cloudflare.net

That is very important, because that new domain is not hosted on ProFreeHost, so it doesn't have the ?i=1 suffix, and because of your domain pointing to there, your main domain also doesn't have it, it completely disables it until you disable CloudFlare.

This is also true on when you tranfer your domain to CloudFlare.

What next?

Now the ?i=1, alongside with its limits is gone. Keep in mind that if you disable CloudFlare, it will be back.

If you don't want to use CloudFlare, you should upgrade to premium hosting.

There, you will have some other benefits also such as a free LE certificate, Railgun and so on.

Comments

• @ChrisPAR said:
    Many people here have asked for a way to disable ?i=1 or want to know how to disable it.
    Well, I will tell you here how to do it:

How to disable ?i=1 Suffix without paying anything

1. Enable CloudFlare through cPanel
    2. Select the option Full SSL/Full SSL Strict if you have your own certificate.
      It should be disabled in 2-24 hours!

A logical explanation of why does that happen

First of all, when you enable CloudFlare a CNAME Record is added so that your domain points to:
    yourdomain.com.cdn.cloudflare.net
    That is very important, because that new domain is not hosted on ProFreeHost, so it doesn't have the ?i=1 suffix, and because of your domain pointing to there, your main domain also doesn't have it, it completely disables it until you disable CloudFlare.

What next?

Now the ?i=1, alongside with its limits is gone. Keep in mind that if you disable CloudFlare, it will be back.
    If you don't want to use CloudFlare, you should upgrade to premium hosting.
    There, you will have some other benefits also such as a free LE certificate, Railgun and so on.

I believe in Flexible and installing LE at server instead of FULL of Cloudflare because it can cause SSL Handshake error!

• The exact opposite @ranakhas!
    Flexible can cause SSL Handshake error! Full is better!

• @ChrisPAR said:
    The exact opposite @ranakhas!

I'm hoping you don't know about SSL Handshake Error it cause when Full or Struct SSL is chosen and no SSL is installed on Origin Server but good thing is that it can work with self-signed SSL too.

• @ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

I'm hoping you don't know about SSL Handshake Error it cause when Full or Struct SSL is chosen and no SSL is installed on Origin Server but good thing is that it can work with self-signed SSL too.

It doesn't matter here, there are self-signed SSL autoinstalled, so where is the problem?

• @ChrisPAR said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

It doesn't matter here, there are self-signed SSL autoinstalled, so where is the problem?

Problem occurs when user remove it or uses Subdomain else like Blogger or Tumblr which causes that error

• @ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

Problem occurs when user remove it or uses Subdomain else like Blogger or Tumblr which causes that error

But there, there won't be the ?i=1! This topic is about removing it!

• @ChrisPAR said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

But there, there won't be the ?i=1! This topic is about removing it!

But this topic involve Cloudflare and SSL

• @ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

I've said it before, and I will say it again:
    ProFreeHost does not allow free accounts to use SSLs. You have to get CloudFlare if you want a secure website. ProFreeHost has a premium service that can allow you to get a Free SSL if you upgrade.

• edited September 22

@TheCrafters said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

ProFreeHost does not allow free accounts to use SSLs. You have to get CloudFlare if you want a secure website. ProFreeHost has a premium service that can allow you to get a Free SSL if you upgrade.

This confused me even more..

What @ranakhas did was explaining to me about SSL Handshake error, although there is no such problem here.

Also, ProFreeHost allows free accounts to use SSLs by installing them through vPanel!
    What it cannot offer is a free LE certificate, which is provided with Premium Hosting.

This is offtopic, the topic is about Disabling the ?i=1 suffix.

• @ChrisPAR said:

@TheCrafters said:

@ranakhas said:

@ChrisPAR said:

This confused me even more..
    What @ranakhas did was explaining to me about SSL Handshake error, although there is no such problem here.
    Also, ProFreeHost allows free accounts to use SSLs by installing them through vPanel!
    What it cannot offer is a free LE certificate, which is provided with iFastnet Premium.
    This is offtopic, the topic is about Disabling the ?i=1 suffix.

The Problem of off-topic is everywhere!