Problem Connecting to FTP

danielcoker
edited November -1 in Support Forums

Hello,

I have problem connecting from Filezilla to my ftp account. I added a new domain and it's working and I want to upload files to the domain directory.

It's giving this error message "503 Login Authentication Failed". And have checked all the username and password it's same with the FTP details

Please what can I do to solve this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Admin
    edited November -1

Hello,

I have problem connecting from Filezilla to my ftp account. I added a new domain and it's working and I want to upload files to the domain directory.

It's giving this error message "503 Login Authentication Failed". And have checked all the username and password it's same with the FTP details

Please what can I do to solve this.

Thanks.

What's your username?

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

unaux_19324761

That's my username.

• Admin
    edited November -1

unaux_19324761

That's my username.

I successfully logged in without any error with the following settings. Make sure it's an ftp connection, not sftp.

585a3f44c9f36.png

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

585a6100326ca.png

I tried logging in with that settings, but it's still not connecting.

• Admin
    edited November -1

585aef5d92c6d.png

You are not using any port and you are using sftp. You should use port 22.

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

I used the same setting, and connected with Port 22.

It automatically adds sftp:// to the host when I click the Quickconnect Button.

• Admin
    edited November -1

I used the same setting, and connected with Port 22.

It automatically adds sftp:// to the host when I click the Quickconnect Button.

Removing sftp:// should work just fine with Quick Connect. Anyways, you can always add your ftp account in Site Manager of file zilla and choose FTP Protocol.

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

585cc83c42bd3.png

I added the ftp account in the file manager and tried connecting, that's what I got.

• Admin
    edited November -1

I added the ftp account in the file manager and tried connecting, that's what I got.

Try connecting leaving the port field empty and let me know if you are able to connect.

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

It is not connecting.

Am getting a 503 Login Authentication Failed, and all the login details are correct.

• Admin
    edited November -1

It is not connecting.

Am getting a 503 Login Authentication Failed, and all the login details are correct.

I've logged in successfully from your account successfully. Try changing your cpanel account's password from your member area and then try connecting with the new password.

• danielcoker
    edited November -1

Have just changed my password, and I logged in successfully.

Thanks very much.